Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wood Craftin Away

 
 I was excited because my neighbor (who builds marble counter tops)  had just left a bunch of nice sized wood pieces that he didnt just want to throw out on my front porch.  What an awesome neighbor, eh? 

I knew I would think of something great to do with them and I finally did, well sort of.  So, I covered a piece of wood from some of my all time favorite paper...ain't it purty?   And with the rosettes that I learned to make over at Little Birdie Secrets I was able to add a nice touch to it.  I really like how it turned out.  Just don't know what in the world I will do WITH it. ha. But I must say though, I do enjoy just looking at it very day.  
Do you have any ideas?
 
 
So, one day I was at the dollar store and found a set of wood carving tools...Who knew?   I have to say I didnt have a clue how to use them but did that stop me?? I THINK NOT!  I sat right down in my craft room and dreamed up a picture that would be easy to carve.  Or so I thought.  

I started chip,chip, chipping away at my drawing and came up with this:
 I really didn't want to paint it because I really liked looking at it how it was.  I knew it was missing something so I eventually painted it.  It still seemed plain so I added more dots...
 I guess I went dot crazy.  If I could go back I might add less paint to the seeds. I'm a first timer though and I like it. I will probably put in my classroom someday.  Until then, it has a place of honor in my kitchen window.  Sure hope the sun wont fade it. 
Hope you enjoyed my wood craftin fun.  I would love to see the cool things you have done with wood!  Have a great day you guys.